2013 has been a wild ride! Here’s a round-up of Smitten Studio’s top 10 posts this year.
1. The launch of my line A Sunny Afternoon definitely takes the cake as one of the top moments of the year. See the original post here.
2. We finished work on the cabin (well, for now at least) that we slowly renovated ourselves, where the kitchen went from this, to this.
3. Rupert and I spent my birthday in New Zealand where we road tripped around the north island in a vintage Kombi. It was the trip of a lifetime (see part 1 & par 2).
4. One of the top DIY projects from this year was this garment rack. (see all the DIY’s posts here)
5. My “Stop and Smell the Roses” print was featured in Glamour Magazine. I also spotted it in the home of Anika & Ken Yael Natori in Lonny Magazine, and in Julia Engel’s abode.
6. The other top Smitten Studio DIY of the year was this simple Ikea hack.
7. A big change in 2013 was with the selling of our home and the buying and moving into a fixer upper. Glitter Guide sent over a photographer for a Style at Home feature just weeks before we moved out. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to the first place Rupert and I owned together.
8. In the new house we started renovating by refinishing the floors, knocking down a few walls, and painting so that right now at least the living room is livable.
9. We sold out of the first collection of A Sunny Afternoon products much quicker then anticipated so I added new designs, stocked up on some of the favorites, and launched the winter collection with a pancake brunch with friends.
10. And finally, we started on the kitchen in the new house by completely gutting it and putting in new cabinets and countertops.
Happy Friday, and here’s to a happy 2014 to you all!
Tags: a sunny afternoon, brunch, cabin renovation, diy, home renovation, kitchen, new zealand, smitten studio, style at home, tabletop, top posts, travel