If you remember from the bedroom “before” photos, there were initially two sets of identical bunk beds. Each of those bunk beds had a closet at the end. By removing one set of bunk beds (to fit the double bed) we also removed one good sized closet, and replaced it with just the tiny linen closet you see here. This meant less storage, but I has happy to make that compromise for a non-bunk sleeping option.
To add a little extra storage, we hit up Ikea and found this dresser that was the perfect width to fit between the two bedroom doors, it just needed a little something.
In order to keep the dresser from taking up to much visual space I painted the bulk of it white. I also cut about 2″ off of each leg (I wasn’t loving the proportions) and then painted the base pieces with a metallic gold spray paint. After that I just swapped out the wooden knobs for these brass ones (in the “antique brass” finish).
Images by Sarah Sherman Samuel